Monday, March 9, 2009

March 9, 2009 ~ Seats and Tiaras ~

This weekend marked a new chapter in Camryn's life. We all know that law that says you have to be 6 years old and 60lbs to get out of your booster seat, right? Well, Camryn is 7, but when she turned 6 she was no where near 60lbs. She's still not quite there, but if I wait for her to be 60lbs she'll be 16 years old and I'll be putting her booster in the drivers seat before she goes somewhere. She's tall so the strap doesn't cut her off at her neck and I feel pretty ok with her not in her booster, but, well...I just wasn't ready to let go of it. For a while now she's been asking if she can get out of the booster because, she's NOT a baby. It all started when she got in the car with a friend (who's 8 by the way) and she asked why she was still in a car seat. Camryn said "My MOM makes me". UGH did she have to say it like that??! And for the record, lil girl...it's a BOOSTER, not a CAR seat...sheesh. Anyway, my excuse to Cam was when I vacuum the car she can get out of it. (Raise your hand if you understand that statement and don't want your child sitting the stuff that tends to gather and grow under a child's seat!) Yeah, well, that was my excuse, and knowing how often I vacuum my car, I figured that would give me at least another 8-9 months. The weather was amazing Saturday, so I washed my car and yes, vacuumed it. Camryn was so excited to get out of the booster seat. She was even excited that he car was clean and made the comment "man, they really did a good job vacuuming the car". UHHHHH, They NOTHIN'. I did that. I can't imagine her automatically assuming that someone ELSE vacuumed the car. *Hmmph* So, she's officially a big girl now. Next step...sitting in the front seat. Anyone know the law on that? I mean, I'm thinking like...16yrs, 17yrs old??? :)
We also had a dance competition this weekend in which Camryn did awesome again. She got 1st in her division on her solo. 5th place in the top 10!! I didn't know I had entered her in the running for the Title (like she won last time) but apparently I did. She got 2nd runner up and received a TIARA!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally something fun and girly. She wore it most of the day...even wore it into Shorty Smalls when we went to eat afterwards..silly girl! (This is where I DO NOT mention that I put it on when we got home...WHAT??? I never won a tiara and deserve my princess moment..besides, who are you do judge??? ;) ). Camryn and Callen's duet got 1st in division and 3rd place in the top 10. Their hip hop large group got 1st place in the top 10! YAY!!!!!!!!! And the Tap Large group got 6th place in the top 10!! I was so proud...they all did so great!!! And even after waking up at 5am on day light savings day which felt like 4am...I survived the day with minimal witchiness!!! Go ME!

6 comments:

AliciaG said...

LOL...minimal witchiness! lol It was a great day for MKDS..or weekend for that matter. I was s proud of all our routines. And I am also proud of you as a Mother who is finally letting go of some of the last remnants of Camryn's babyhood...her carseat...uh, I mean booster seat. She is growing up and yes and I would agree it is way too fast. Just think about it...she is over halfway to her teen years! Whoa, be still my heart!

Billie said...

Sounds like you DESERVE to wear the tiara for minimalizing the witchieness in my book!

You go Cam! We all figured this would be the report come Monday!

PS--Alicia...you could have LEFT THAT LAST PART OFF!!!

Andrea said...

AMEN...that part could have certainly been left out! UGH!

AliciaG said...

LOL...I knew it would get you...sorry but the truth sometimes hurts! Better to be preparing now.... believe me! Ü

Alison said...

LOVE this post! I'm so glad to hear about all the awards!

Hey...as long as you didn't sleep in the tiara like Suzanne Sugerbaker did on one episode of Designing Women...please tell you you took it off before bed...

Andrea said...

Uhhh...yeeeahhhh, didn't sleep in it..nope, no way. LOL...no, i didn't for real..but that's a good thought..when's the next time Cam stays with J and J??? heheh!!