Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March 3, 2009 ~ This and That ~

First of all, let me take a minute to say hi to one of my new readers, Mrs. Iris How!!! She and I have occasional visits at Target and when I saw her last night she told me she thought my blog was funny and that she's getting to know me by reading it!!! She is just precious and now I'm up to about 4 followers!!! I never dreamed my blog would take off like this! :)

Next order of business. Last night the Owl Family Association had their second Family Night Out (I think they should have called it "Family Night Owl-T" but no one asked me..anywho...or anyhoot..hahah!!!) When I showed up I went to say hello to Camryn. She had her legs on the seats beside her and wouldn't let me sit down. She hardly gave me a hug because she was too busy looking for her "friends". I then made the STUPID mistake of asking her if I could sit by her. She told me...*sniff*...NO! WHA???WHA???WHAT???? She told me she wanted her friends to sit by her. Now, as if "can I sit by you?" was not dumb enough, I proceed to ask "am I not cool enough to sit by you?". She told me no, y'all. *dagger in the heart* This was a first and let me just tell you...I'm NOT ok with it. I mean, I think I'm one of the coolest people ever. I can do the boot scootin' boogie, the macarina and know most of the words to Hangin' Tough by NKOTB! You really can't get much cooler than that! *sigh* Moving on...
Later during the evening, I was standing in line to get food when one of Camryn's friends came up to me to let me know that Camryn spilled her drink on her pants and my purse and she was crying. THEEEENNNNN all the sudden she needed me. She came straddle walking up to me with big ole tears to tell me she spilled it on her and my coat. I hugged her and told her to go clean it up, that it will be ok. The man behind me said, "Is that your little sister?" I told him no, that was my daughter and he then told me that I didn't look old enough to have a child her age. At this point, I wanted to kiss this man. I did refrain seeing as how he was married and a stranger and my Mom is his children's principal. But it was a nice thing to hear after such a heart wrenching night.
While at this "Family Night Owl-T" my mom point out the bully who was pulling on Camryn's arms and she couldn't get free from him. This boy has been bullying kids at school and Camryn was one of them. We had a little lesson on "defending yourself" and mean by which to do this. So, he was there and I gave him the evil eye. I don't think he saw me, but I'm sure he felt it.
It was an interesting night...one of many to come, I'm sure. I'm just not sure how to deal with this whole not being cool thing. Maybe if I get a DS I can text with my daughter and find out how to go about being cool. Or, maybe I'll just not worry about being cool and be the Mother I was meant to be! :)

6 comments:

Billie said...

Oh my..the times...they are'a'startin'! NOT looking forward to my turn. OR when they will run and HIDE so as not to even be SEEN with us?!?!

You know what came to my mind, though, as I was reading that? Isn't that just how we treat God sometimes? Need Him only when we are crying? Just a side note.

Andrea said...

You are so right. And he comforts us without fail.

Tim and Randi Weigle said...

You aren't counting me!! That would make 5!!!

Iris said...

how sweet of you to welcome me to your blog! you crack me up, girl! love all the "cool" things you referenced. btw, matt got me a nintendo ds for my birthday and my students think i'm the cooooolest! hah hah!

Alison said...

You are one of the COOLEST people I know!!!! I'd let you sit beside me ;-)

WOW...this blog is really taking off...looks like you have 5 whole readers!!

Love ya!

AliciaG said...

LOL...I love reading your blog and hearing all the things your daughter who is all of 7 whole years old has to say. It is quite amusing to me to see her walking down the same path that you did...only at a much earlier age. Be ready, you are about to enter your dumb years. lol