Thursday, March 5, 2009

March 5, 2009 ~ Where does she get this??? ~

So, last night I went to pick up Camryn from dance. Her teacher and a mom told me how great she did. She walked out of the room, no problems. While we were standing there she mentioned that she hurt her foot...around her ankle. Knowing when my child is in real pain or I-want-attention-pain, I told her it would be fine so let's go. The walk to the car was nearly impossible for her. She limped and whined and "cried" the whole way. (Mind you, she just did her dance amazingly well and walked out of the room without hesitancy.) The ride home was fine, we chit chatted and when we pulled up to the house she was telling me about how when she got home from dance the day before she was telling her Nana that she didn't think me and Ms. Barbara were there, but that like we actually like were. (My friend is staying with me for a few days while her car is in the shop.) She got out of the car without a problem and was continuing to tell me the story. Then it seemed to have hit her...Ms. Barbara is in the house..another chance for some sympathy!! The limping began again. She walked in the house and looked and much to her dismay, Ms. Barbara was not right there. She limped her way back to the back bedroom where she told Barb that she hurt her ankle and that she has hurt it before, but it's way worse this time. Me, being the wonderful mother that I am, was not fazed and told I told her to get in the shower. At this point she began to work hard at getting some tears and she whined about not being able to stand up in the shower. Somehow, through the pain, she managed. While she was getting ready for bed, Barb was in the kitchen and was watching her walking around her room perfectly fine. When Camryn realized that Barb was in the kitchen she grunted. Ms. Barbara asked her what was wrong and Camryn told her that her foot hurt so bad it was hard to get into her bed. *sigh* At this point I remembered the last time she hurt her foot...for real...the doctor wrapped it and it was magical. I didn't have a wrap but I did have a scarf. So, I took my scarf and "wrapped" her ankle. Let me tell you...that scarf had magical powers as well. Instantly she could walk! WOOHOO. This morning, before she woke up I snuck in and took the scarf, thinking she probably forgot the intense pain she was in last night. When she woke up, she had forgotten. Walked to breakfast with no problems. Then it hit her...when she saw me...and she began to limp. I said nothing. Then I looked in her room and she was tearing her bed up looking for the scarf. Of course she couldn't find it because I HID it! (what?? that's what being a mother is all about...hiding stuff). Anyway...no more problems this morning. I'm just wondering...where does she get this flare for the dramatic??? SHEESH!

4 comments:

AliciaG said...

Oh, I can tell you exactly where she got it. I lived through similar acts of drama with a certain little brown-eyed girl that I gave birth to. All these stories sound all to familiar. FYI..she did hit her left ankle in the front on the shin bone on one of the bars of the playground equipment during recess yesterday. It made two blue bumps and we put ice on it. She sat for about 20 minutes with the ice and then got up and continued playing. LOL

Andrea said...

Oh yeah...she told me...and the pain from that flared up again with the ankle pain that came up during dance! :)

Billie said...

Look at you! The CHILD is CLEARLY injured and in SEVERE pain! She might never walk again...she might never be able to have children now! And you hid the one and only thing that could have saved her life. Pah-leeze! And you call yourself her "mother"...

Alison said...

LOL!!! I have no idea where she gets this from.