Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12, 2009 ~ Lord Help Us ~


It is becoming more and more apparent that my daughter is MUCH like me. She may not look a thing like me. I mean, if I hadn't spent months running to the bathroom every 2 seconds because she was smashing my bladder, or spent hours in labor giving birth to her, I'd question if she was mine. However, if you know me (who am I kidding?? I have 5 readers all of which know me) and listen to her talk you will know without a doubt she's mine...or I'm hers. Either way, because on more than one occasion my BFF Barbara will call me Camryn. Needless to say we act very similar! Last night she was lying on the couch and I was on the floor watching the news. The weather no doubt because Camryn is obsessed with weather...anyway. They mentioned Texarkana. This for some reason piqued Camryn's interest and the following conversation in sued:
Camryn: Texarkana
Me: Yeah, it's down south Arkansas...(always trying to impart knowledge)
Camryn: (ever the student) That's a cool word
Me: oh (obviously disappointed that she wasn't caring what I had to say)
Camryn: Texarkana...that's a fun word to say
Me: You know what word I always thought was fun to say in high school?
Camryn: What?
Me: Connecticut
Camryn: Connecticut...no, I don't think thats fun.
Me: It SO is fun...Connecticut
Camryn: Nah...Texarkana...Connecticut...what word do you think is fun to say?
Me: Uhhh...Connecticut
Camryn: Oh, I like Texarkana

This may not be funny to any of you, but in high school Ashley and I would have similar conversations. Time just seems to repeat itself. And don't be jealous by the deep and meaningful conversations that my child and I have.
And by jealous I mean...don't laugh! :)

2 comments:

Alison said...

LOL!! This conversation does sound like something you and Ashley would have. Must be like de ja vu!

AliciaG said...

LOL...what a hoot you two are. I can just see her as she contemplates "Connecticut or Texarkana" as which one is more fun to say. LOL She is so funny!