Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 17, 2009 ~ Ode to Boobs ~

All my life I’ve been small busted. I always joked with my sister that it wasn’t fair she took my portion. It was always interesting to me to put one of the cups of her bra on my head! It’s been an ongoing joke for a long time about me having no boobs. It was always a dream to get a breast augmentation, however, it seemed like one of those dreams that I’d never actually go through with. It just seemed out of reach. I never realized how insecure I was until I started considering a BA seriously. I noticed that I would always make sure to have on a padded bra. I wouldn’t even consider a bra until I had felt it to make sure it had PLENTY of padding. It started to really sink in that I was very uncomfortable with how clothes fit. I had my daughter 7 years ago, and even though I was small busted, it still took a toll. They just were not as perky as they used to be and not as “full” (if that’s what you wanna call it)! Well, within the last 10 months or so, I have lost 20 lbs and there is just about nothing left. So…I got my tax return and set up a consultation!!! This coming Friday I'm having my surgery, so in light of that, I wanted to take a minute to give recognition to...The Girls.
Dear Girls,
I know right now it may seem as though I'm turning my back on you. You have been there for me through thick and thin, literally. You gave my daughter the nourishment she needed when she was born and for that I am forever grateful. You were the butt of many jokes that I got some great laughs out of. However, I always defended you. I'm not getting rid of you. I'm merely enhancing you. You have been a...small... part of my life but a constant nonetheless. So as we come to this crossroad, it is with great honor that I turn in my resignation as President of the IBTC (Itty Bitty Titty Committee). I will forever be a supporter of the IBTC and will never forget you.
All My Love
Andrea

3 comments:

Billie said...

Dear Girls,

She lies. As your former selves trie to stretch and pull and bend and bow to the new commands she has given you just remember...be SASSY! Becuase she will only remember you when she sees another poor member of said committee. And that that moment go ahead and jump for joy that you are no longer there! But don't make fun. It's poor taste. Do her right and see you soon. MUCH more of you.

Billie

Alison said...

Hey watch it with the bra on the head comment!!! I can't help it! I still would have LOVED to been able to be on the table next to you giving away part of mine to you and then getting my girls lifted.
Can't wait to meet new girls!

AliciaG said...

I never knew how insecure having smaller "Girls" has made you. I hope the larger cup will make you more secure in who you are and that you will stand tall and proud from Friday on! Can't wait to see the new you!