Monday, February 23, 2009

February 23, 2009 ~ It's Happening...Never thought it would..but it is ~

I never thought this would happen. I mean, I have always heard that it would happen, just never thought it would happen to me. I guess this is my lesson in "never say never". The moment took me by surprise and leaves me awestruck to this very minute. I mean, this wasn't in the plans, however, it's happening my friends. Yes, I am in fact....turning into my Mother. *sigh* Not that that's a bad thing by any means. My Mother is a wonderful person. Strong, smart, beautiful, independent and motivated. However, these are not the qualities of which I speak/type. It's slowly been creeping up on me, however, I've been in denial. The signs are all there. The frustrated sigh's, the disgusted grunts, the closing of the bedroom door...they are all there I have just ignored them. After last night, I can no longer deny it. I am turning into my Mother. Something was said last night about Camryn's MP3 player and I mentioned how she can't find it and this is the 2nd MP3 player that she has lost. My mom mentioned that she thought it was in Camryn's room. That's when it happened, folks. It took over me like a wave crashing down on a rock. I couldn't stop it. I'm not gonna lie, I didn't even feel it coming. Before I knew it, it was out. "Well, that's the problem...if she would pick up her room, she might be able to find something". WOW! As it struck me, all I could do was say "Man, that sounds familiar." I just had to suck up my pride and let my mother enjoy the moment.

2 comments:

Alison said...

LOL!!! Oh my...it has happened! This cracks me up!

I'm sure Momma thoroughly enjoyed that!

AliciaG said...

LOL...and I truly did enjoy the moment too and I just had to remind her of how many times I had said the very same thing to her. It is true, your past will come back to haunt you! I love it!!!