Tuesday, February 10, 2009

February 10, 2009 ~ She has a point ~

My daughter is attached to my hip...almost literally. If I leave a room, she's gonna follow me. I seriously can't even use the bathroom alone. I'm not exaggerating here. Then there are times when she hurts my feelings. You as mother's know that feeling all too well. So, when she does or says something that hurts my feelings (but is not meant to be mean spirited) I will become very dramatic...although I'm sure that's hard to believe. I will try to pull a guilt trip on her by saying "That's fine...I just carried you for 9 months...and gave birth to you....and raised you by myself for 7 years...but that's fine" ya know, things such as that. I do this quite often lately, because she seems to want to spend more time with Charles than me. *dagger in the heart* Or if she has the choice to ride with me or my parents, she will pick them. So I always point out the fact that I gave birth to her. So last night she was attached to my hip. We were sitting down to color and I told her to scooch over on the couch and give me some room. I said "Why you always gotta be right up on me?" To which my lovely child said "Because I LOVE you....and you gave BIRTH to me!" I couldn't help but crack up laughing. She's the best!!!

2 comments:

AliciaG said...

Haha...LOL She gotcha there! Oh, she is so sharp and witty! So much fun. As Bill Simmons so often tells us in choir, enjoy the moments with your loved ones, because you never know how long those moments are going to last. There will definitely come a time when she will not want to be so "attached to your hip." Enjoy the times now while she still wants to be there. Believe me, they will all too soon fade into your most cherished memories.

Alison said...

Oh my lands! That cracks me up!