Monday, February 16, 2009

February 16, 2009 ~ Happy V - V - Valentines Day ~

Wow...really??? This year marked a new thing for me. I celebrated Valentines Day for the first time in years!!! The past several years I have celebrated S.A.D (Singles Awareness Day) so to have a Valentine made me feel a little out of sorts. I mean, what do you do? This is new territory!! My Sweetie-pie and I had our Valentine's Day on Friday night. He took me to Mike's Place in Conway for dinner. We had a booth off in the back so we could spend time talking and getting lost in each other's eyes, while whispering sweet nothings across the table. Ok, not really, but we did have a very nice dinner. We really do enjoy our dinner dates that we try to have a couple times a month. With children, it's hard to find time alone, so the time we get to spend together one on one is always very special and spent with lot's of talking and laughing. Now, I know some of you are probably sick at your stomach right now with all the lovey dovey-ness but trust me...reality has hit and Mr. Wonderful is by no means Mr. Perfect...however, he quite possibly could be Mr. Perfect for Andrea. There is a complete difference in the two. Anywho...we had dinner then went to pick up his daughter and went home. I spend the weekend with Charles since my ex Valentine...UGH...was in town... I just didn't feel comfortable staying at home alone. After a not so comfortable nights rest on the couch, we got up Saturday and I spent the day playing with Alaina...hunting deer and taking our puppies to the hospital etc....while Charles did some much needed house work. That evening, which was actual Valentine's Day, we went to church...which was kinda neat cause it was our first date place....then rented the movie Fire Proof and watched it. Very good movie...and book, I might add. Oh yeah, during the day Saturday I took my special wonderful Valentine girl a balloon, candy and a stuffed worm to her. I also got to see my boys. Well, they are not mine anymore, but I consider them mine still. Sunday was spent playing with Alaina as well. All in all it was a good weekend. I did almost make up my mind that I do not want any more children. Having a 7 year old who is SOOOO independent, I had forgotten how much work little ones are! Here are a few of the pics we took while playing this weekend. I'll post some of the boys soon. Hope you all who have a sweetie had a great valentines day. And to those who are celebrating S.A.D...Happy SAD. It's REALLY not all that bad!! :)

3 comments:

Billie said...

Sounds like a great Valentine's Day weekend to me!

AliciaG said...

And me too...glad that you got to spend it with someone you care about and who cares about you. That is quite a change for you! Much better than S.A.D. LOL

The Timberframer's Wife said...

So glad you had a happy Valentine's week--sounds like you have found someone really special,and that is a huge blessing!