Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8, 2009 ~ He is in a better place ~



Saturday I had to meet my dad out this side of Sheridan. While I was out that way I decided to go on down to Pine Bluff to the cemetery where one of my best friends was buried. He passed away 3 and a half years ago. It just doesn't seem possible that he's been gone that long. The last time I went out there was 6 months after he died. It was gut wrenching so I haven't been back. That was 2.5 years ago, so I felt I needed to go and try again. I didn't expect it to hit me as hard but on the way I started thinking about Brian and remembering all the funny stuff and fun times we had and I cried the whole way out there. It was a beautiful day so I just sat out by his grave for a while. I cried and prayed and laughed at some of the memories. I met Brian at work when I started working at AML. He was one of our IT guys. He was one of the most intelligent people I have ever known, although you could never tell it by looking at him. He was hilarious and always making some sort of joke. He was placed in my life during one of the most difficult times...my divorce. He let me cry on his shoulder and let me vent and was always there with some joke to make me laugh. He put up with people showing up at his house threatening him over me (Dwight's friends) and never blinked an eye about being my friend. He was an amazing person and I miss him dearly. He will always have a huge place in my heart and I can't wait to meet him again one day. His tombstone says "A Friend To All" and that is so true! Rest in Peace Brian ~I miss you~






1 comment:

Billie said...

What a thoughful and beautiful reflection, An.