Monday, June 1, 2009

June 1, 2009 ~ This and That ~

Camryn's dad got her a phone. Yes, my 7 year old child has a phone...a touchscreen no less. She had been asking for a phone and it was just a crazy thought to me. She's always with me. So of course, I kept telling her no...maybe when she is 13 I'll consider it. Anyway...he sent her one...for whatever reason. So now I get text messages like this from time to time:



Or from the backseat of the car I'll get a text that says "hi" or like this morning when I was getting ready for work I get a text that says "dance stuff is ready" from her bedroom. I'm really not sure what I was thinking NOT getting her a phone...she OBVIOUSLY needed one!
So, she is officially a 2nd grader now. *sigh* That sounds so much older than 1st grade. She finished her 1st grade year with straight A's all year. I'm so proud of her! I don't know that I ever got straight A's. She's a smart little cookie and I am so thankful for that! She had to start daycare today. She was nervous and told me her hand was shaking. I absolutely hate leaving her somewhere she isn't comfortable but I know that's part of life and she will be fine. It's just so hard to know you child is nervous.
Yesterday my mom came over and we tackled the job of cleaning out my pool. It was nasty. We chose to do it in the middle of the day, which was really smart considering it was 93 degrees with not clouds. And to top it off, my house needs insulation so it doesn't cool. So to go inside to a house that was 83 degree's was not fun. Of course my mom did most of the work...it's just the way it goes. I was raised in a home with 3 first born children...so I'm not exactly one for having to work hard...everything was always done. lol Anyway, we got the yuck out and now we just need to scrub and fil'er up. Speaking of my Mom, today is her birthday!! Happy Birthday, Momma!
Saturday I got to spend some time with my sister. I met her at 9:30am and we went shopping. I need some new work clothes and I have NO fashion sense and can't match stuff...so we played What Not to Wear. I don't get to see her much so it was fun to spend a few hours together!
I guess that's about all the catching up I have for now!


4 comments:

AliciaG said...

Yeah, you would think a woman of my age would know better than to do manual labor out in the hot broiling sun at mid-day! And to do it myself rather than letting my much younger daughter do it! LOL Glad to help out but am sure glad we postponed the scrubbing part until later in the day! Maybe we can get two other first born men we know to do that part. haha...Nah, I would rather do it myself than wait on men to do it!
Love ya!

Andrea said...

I know that's right...if you wait on a man things will NEVER get done.

Alison said...

LOL!!! It was so good to see you and spend time shopping with you! Love ya lots!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

First, I just read your recent post about wanting to know God's plan and will for your life and growing closer to Him--I don't think we ever reach a point when that's not our life's struggle, but even when we question and wonder and flounder, He doesn't and neither do His promises. Our situations are very different, but on December 14, 2001, I was 27 and felt very alone and very at loose ends--how could I know that that afternoon the biggest treasure of my life would call for the first time? But God knew. Every single struggle I ever experienced led to a blessing, to a greater reliance on Him, but I still get scared and wonder what's up and forget to trust and obey in the meantime. But He is patient and loving and leads us "gently"--one of my favorite verses is Isaiah 40:11 because that's what it reassures me of. He has a specific plan for you and it's never on "pause". Thank you so much for sharing a post that gives others a chance to refocus on God's all-knowing and caring nature and for being brave enough to share.