Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December 2, 2008 ~ It's Beginning to Look A lot Like Christmas ~












Last night I made a pot of soup and a pan of cornbread. Momma came over with the ladder and had dinner with us. Then we began the project of putting my my Christmas lights on my first house for the first time!! I was so excited. I even have a mailbox to put a bow on!! I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am for where God has brought me. I never would have dreamed, 5 years ago, I'd have a car that was paid for and be a homeowner. It just goes to show that once I finally gave in to God's will for my life and quit holding on to what I thought was right (my marriage) God blessed me beyond anything I could have ever imagined for myself. I had to suck up my pride and give it all to God and trust Him to lead me where He wanted me to go. Not where I wanted to go. It was the hardest thing I have ever done, to leave the boys and go through a divorce when I was raised differently. It hurt and I went through some major depression, but I can say every second of it was worth it. God knows what He's doing and it is evident in my life. Every time I drive past a car that has ice on the windshield that has been scraped off, I thank God for my house with a car port. I can't even describe how humbled I am that, after all I've done, God still blesses me. I am truly blessed far more than I deserve. Because, like all of us, I deserve hell. Thanks to God and his mercy I'm set free!

5 comments:

Billie said...

Ok...CRYING! It is hard. I had to testify myself in front of my church body Sunday of where I would have been if I had tried to control my life as well. God IS so faithful, but he can't do what He wills until we quit trying to be him! You deserve it...go girl!

AliciaG said...

AMEN! GIRL, PREACH IT! You are so right...when you finally gave it all to God, He blessed you beyond belief! I am just praising the Lord with you for all He has shown you and taught you through those difficult, dark years of your young life!

Alison said...

You are blessed and I'm glad I am getting to see God pour out the blessings He promised you!

On another note: I fondly remember putting out the spiral trees last year on Christmas Eve...and putting your tree up on Christmas Eve!

Andrea said...

Yep, we did do that so we could have christmas in our house..even though we had no heat..lol

AliciaG said...

Can you believe it has almost been a year since you moved in to your house? Time has really flown by!