Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December 3, 2008 ~ O Christmas Tree ~



Well, the tree is up and the stockings are hung by the ....coat closet... with care!!! We got our tree up last night. As we were "fluffing" the branches Camryn said she had to take a break cause it was "pokey and cheesy and hurting her hands". I said "Cheesy?" She said "yeah". I asked her how it was cheesy and she said "ya know, like you said about that garland we took back to Dollar General". (I bought some lighted garland that was cheap and "cheesy" lookin and she heard me say that.) I said "ohhhh cheesy means like....goofy or something". Later as we were decorating she said something silly and said "I'm just being cheesy". I about fell out on the floor. Poor thing, she wanted to use that word so bad, just couldn't get it in the right context. I explained that it meant it looked fake or ugly looking. After we got all the "cheesy" branches fluffed I discovered that I couldn't find my lights so we had to make a quick trip to Dollar General to get some lights for the tree. I ended up getting some pretty sliver ribbon too. I just have to get some more curly things and a tree skirt and we're good to go!

2 comments:

Billie said...

One day she'll understand the word cheesy...when our girls are old enough to think WE are!

Tim and Randi Weigle said...

"Poor thing, she wanted to use that word so bad, just couldn't get it in the right context." This sounds like two other girls we might know!!! Too funny!