Monday, August 4, 2008

August 4, 2008 ~ A Little Prayer Request~

For some time now I’ve seemed to have this burden to do something in order to help even one person though an abusive relationship. I know what I went through was nothing like so many women go through, however, I feel like it could have been had God not poured out his mercy on me and gotten me out. I’m still not sure what I’m supposed to do with what I’ve learned, and I’m not even certain of everything I’ve learned yet. I don’t know if I’m supposed to write or what. Lately, at night while I’m lying in bed saying my prayers I have had a few thoughts pop in my head. I want to write something using these, as I feel they were given to me. Please say a prayer that God will make it clear to me what I’m supposed to do or say or write. I’ve been praying that he will give me the words and help me in whatever it is He wants me to do. The things that seem to be yelling at me are the following:
Be Still and Know that I am God
Divorce is not the unpardonable sin
Unexpected strength
How we tend to be the “monkey in the middle” blocking God’s will in our lives

5 comments:

AliciaG said...

Wow! An, that is awesome that you want to share what you have learned with others. That means that you are healing from the wounds that were inflicted on you and are moving toward emotional freedom! I will be praying for God to make it clear to you as to what He wants you to do with all He has taught your throught the tough times you endured. Proud of you for wanting to share with others what He has done for you.
Love ya!

AliciaG said...

Boy, you can tell I was typing in a hurry...just look at all the typos in that last comment. Ü

Billie said...

I will pray with you. Sometimes someone can't see their own circumstances until someone who TRULY understands can show them. I'll pray for that person too...that they see with open eyes. You go girl!

Alison said...

Romans 8:28 (New Living Translation)
"And we know that God causes everything to work together[a] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

This is just another "good" that God is working out through your life! I'm praying along with you!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

What an encouragement it is every time to read your blog!