Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August 20, 2008 ~ An Extreme Experience ~

So, Extreme Makeover Home Edition has been in Bigelow, Arkansas building a home for a sweet 10 year old boy who has suffered most of his life. Who lives in Bigelow and knows this family? One of my best and dearest friends, Barbara! She and I had the once in a lifetime experience of going out to the house as it was being built. They had buses that would take out out to across the street. Let me just say WOW! Camryn and I loaded up Sunday afternoon and went out there. We all 3 jumped on the buss to go see the progress and hopefully catch a glimpse of one of the stars of the show. When we pulled down the street and I saw all the security I started to get really excited, so I devised a plan with Camryn. If we got to meet Ty Pennington she was supposed to pooch out her lip and say "I don't have a Daddy"..pour on some tears and follow up with "will you be my Daddy?" I thought it was fool proof...Camryn on the other hand, told me I was crazy. Oh well, it was worth a shot, right?!?!


As time went on we discovered that Ty was in New York, so we knew we wouldn't get to see him. Surprisingly, that didn't discourage me. This experience was amazing...Ty or no Ty! However, after a while of being out there Eduardo comes out!!! He is.. umm...HOT! After over an hour of him shooting ONE clip over and over (yes we were out there well over an hour..its Extreme Makeover for gooness sakes!!) he finally came over to the spectator fence where I GOT TO GET MY PICTURE WITH HIM!!! Later, as we were standing along the fence I notice Paul walking by. I waved and said hi (trying to play this cool) and asked if I could get a picture. He said sure and came over and let us take some pictures with him. These are some of the nicest people I have ever met! I was truly amazed!


On top of meeting them, I got a $5 discount on the shirt I bought by promising to come back later in the week and model it and got asked out by the project manger!! WOOHOO! What a good day.


I went back yesterday to see how far it's come (and to keep my word in modeling my shirt). It was completely done on the outside. They had the grass down and flowers planted and were pouring the driveway. Flooring was going down inside and they are supposed to be done by tomorrow! Absolutely amazing. Before we went out to the house, Barb and I saw Eduardo at THE store in Bigelow, so of course we stopped. I was walking around a convenient store with EDUARDO!! Even shook his hand. At the house we saw the blonde girl on the show, but didn't care so much about her..lol Yes, I realize I'm a little star struck, but whatever!!! :) By the time we left, Barb and I had made friends with 2 security guards (Jordan and Shag), the t-shirt guy (James Brown..not kidding), Todd the project manager and Adam, the guy who we think only drives around in a golf cart! It has been such a great experience. One I'll probably never have again and certainly will NEVER forget! I'll post more pictures when I can get them. For now, here is this one!

P.S. My date with Todd is Sunday!!!

3 comments:

AliciaG said...

You are one crazy girl...but you are right...it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see this whole thing in action. Glad you got to experience it! Hope the dinner date goes well.

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Wow--how neat! And Camryn looks like such a school girl!

Billie said...

Our very own starlet...

Can't wait to hear how the date goes, but PLEASE...don't ask him if you can meet Ty right off the bat. I'm sure it would be a downer.