Tuesday, August 19, 2008

August 19, 2008 ~ First Grade, First Grade ~

Well, in case you didn't already know, I have a grown child! She started 1st grade yesterday. FIRST GRADE, y'all! That's a number grade...only 12 more. UGH! This year she has to wear a belt. My horror was that she wouldn't be able to undo the belt in time and she would pee her pants. When I asked her if she knew how to work a belt so she wouldn't pee her pants her response was "Uh, yes, Momma" like she was disgusted that I would even ask such a thing. Silly me, it must have slipped my mind that... she's GROWN. *sigh* School day came and she was up and ready to go. Below is a picture of an excited child. She was totally dressed by the time I had my make up on and was putting on her socks and shoes without being told!


This was the middle of her tragedy of the un-matching shoes!


Dear Lord where has time gone? She's not a baby anymore.


Excited about her lunch box!


I can stare at this picture all day long. I can't get over how grown up she is. Right about now she was telling me how her tummy felt a little funny over first grade. There she is...there is my baby who still needs her momma's comfort. My goodness they grow up fast. (I'm just hoping above all hope that they don't start fractions or long division in 1st grade!) So it all begins...my little caterpillar is starting to spin her ca coon.

3 comments:

Billie said...

That is quite possibly the cutest lunchbox ever! I'm so proud of her going to "First Grade First Grade..." Tell her congratulations for me and I'm so proud of her!

AliciaG said...

She told me today that First Grade was harder and had more work, but she loved it! I am so glad that I get to see her everyday, but it is still hard to believe that she is in first grade. My, my, it seems that it was only yesterday that I was sending her mother off to first grade! Whew! time just keeps moving swiftly by!

Alison said...

OH MY!!! The lunch"purse" is GREAT!! She looks so grown up! I'll call her on Thursday to see how her week is going!