Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 13, 2008 ~ A Moment to Brag ~

After a rough start to the year, with Camryn not wanting to dance, she has decided she does in fact want to dance. We got the letter from the studio letting us know what all she made. She got her 2 large groups that she is required to be in, she also made a small group, duet, trio and solo. Because this is pricey my mom (who helps me out so much…Camryn couldn’t dance without her) and I got together with Camryn and told her she needed to choose one out of the duet, trio or small group. She was put in a duet with a cute little girl named Callen, who is a year or so older than her, and a trio with 2 little girls who haven’t done a trio before. Camryn decided that she wanted to do the duet. I was kind of glad, since she did a trio last year…ya know, I like to mix things up.
Along with the letter, they send you a “drop sheet” to list the dances you want to drop. We were kind of curious as to what would happen if Camryn kept the duet and Callen dropped it. When we got to the parents meeting on Monday I told Camryn to ask Callen if she was keeping the duet and she said she was. WHEW! Just to make sure, I decided to ask her mom. Her mom very emphatically said “yes” she was keeping the duet. She went on to say that at first she thought “hmm, I would have never paired them together” then she said she got really excited! She even said she had nightmares and woke up at 3am in a panic thinking “what if Camryn’s drops the duet”!!! She went on and on about how excited she was that they were dancing together. I was so proud to see Callen’s mom so excited that she was dancing with Camryn!! I just had to take a moment to brag!!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

YEAH!!! Way to go Cam...can't wait to see all the growth in dance she acquires this year!