Tuesday, August 26, 2008

August 26, 2008 ~ Jesus Loves the Little Children ~

With school starting, Camryn and I have been transitioning back into a schedule where she actually has a bed time and has to sleep in her own bed etc. Her bed time is 8:30pm. Those of you who know Camryn, know she is a bit of a chicken. She tends to follow me around the house from room to room..ya know, just to chat or just because she wanted a hug, just because she loves me...or whatever other reason she can come up with to answer my question of "why are you following me around?". I mean, I literally can't go to the bathroom alone. Anyway, last night 8:30 rolled around and I told her to go get in bed, I would be in there in a minute for prayers. She obeyed (yippie). I kept hearing her singing, but didn't think much of it. After a little while she would come to me with an excuse to try to get me to come in her room. I knew it was because she was scared, but thought she needed to go get in bed and just try to deal with it. (Thoughts of her in her 20's following me around room to room because she was scared haunted me.) She went back to bed only to come back to me after a few minutes, all the while, I'm hearing her sing. By the 3rd visit by her, it hit me what she was doing. The SECOND she walked out of the room I was in, she started singing "Jesus loves the little children...". I could hear her in her room singing it loudly. All I could do was smile. Bless her heart. Normally when she's scared I tell her to sing "what time I am afraid I will trust in Thee". This time, I knew she was singing "Jesus Loves the Little Children" to keep herself from being scared. It was really sweet.

5 comments:

Billie said...

Girl, whatever it takes! There are times, oh say after wathing a scary movie or reading some wierdo book Alison loaned me that, oh, say..the hubs is still in the living room and i have to go to bed, and oh...say I want to follow you around from room to room that I sing a little "Amazing Grace" myself.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

AliciaG said...

Bless her heart! She is trying so hard to be brave and use what she is learning about God. She knows He is everywhere but just needs someone with skin on to help her to feel safe. She said they watched some movie about leprachans this weekend and it scared her. I was afraid it would cause her to not want to sleep in her room. At least she was trying!
Ü

Alison said...

That is precious...it warms my heart!
On a different note...wonder where she gets it. I seem to know some one who calls Momma and Daddy to come over regarding mice, loud noises, etc! ;-) Love ya!

Andrea said...

Hey now...I think the "man is 'posed to kill the bug" ie Momma or Daddy..lol. Although, I did call Momma over one day when I smelled something funny in my laundry area..turns out it was just rotten potatoes..lol Guess I'm payin' for my raisin', huh?

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Very precious!