Friday, March 21, 2008

June 11, 2007 ~ Kid's Speak the Truth ~


If you know anything about me or look at my page at all you will know I have a wonderful 5 year old daughter. She is my everything and without a doubt what keeps me going when I feel liking giving up. I love her more than life itself and would not be complete without her. That being said, let me share the insight she shared with me tonight.
A while back one of her little friends, Belle, and her family went to Disney World. As we were looking at the picture of the fun they had Camryn decided she wanted to go to Disney World. When she asked me, in front of everyone, when we were going, my reply was "When Mama finds a rich man we'll go"...this me just being silly because it's an on going joke and well known that I can't seem to find a man who is decent or who can hold my interest. Anyway, everyone laughed and well, it was funny. About a month later Camryn and I were eating dinner with my parents and my sister when my precious daughter decided to announce to the restaurant that when her "Mama finds a rich man, we're going to Disney World". Yes, I wanted to crawl under the table at that point...but I survived... and apparently there were no rich men around offering to take a girl and her daughter to Disney World, cause no one came running up to the table.
So, skip forward to tonight. My brother in law's birthday is today so we were all out eating when again the topic of Disney World came up. My brother in law missed the last Disney World discussion so my sister told Camryn to tell Uncle John when she was going to go. Camryn of course said "When Mama finds a rich man"....only this time she was hungry and really whiny so she followed that up with "But Maaaammmmmaaaa....you're NEVER gonna find him". SHEESH...even my 5 year old has figured this out. I just gave her a little pat and said "I know baby, I know". Kids do seem to speak the truth!

1 comment:

Billie said...

...and THAT is why God should have given us a R-E-M-O-T-E with a warming buzzer that we can use to stop them before they say ANYTHING!