Friday, March 21, 2008

January 5, 2007 ~ People ~


There will be people who come and go in your life. Some will come and stay. You will see them and talk to them often and contiue a relationship with them forever. Others will come and something will take them away from you, whether it be a move or a death, but they will always be remembered. There are those who will come in your life and a year down the road you will not remember their name much less their face. And of course we all have those who have come into our lives who we wish we could forget. Unfortunately there are those in this world who will deliberately hurt you. I lived with one of these people for 4 years and survived to tell about it. There are also people in this world who will hurt you but never planned to. I've known my share of those also. However, if we take a little bit from everyone we have known we can shape ourselves to be who we want to be. Lessons can be learned from every circumstance. Sometimes I get tired of having to learn lessons. I just wish things would work out. They always do, just not always the way I want them to. We can not let those who hurt us bring us down. Take the lesson learned from that person or relationship and try to not make the same mistake again. Move on and enjoy life. Enjoy the people who have come and gone and especially enjoy those who care enough and love enough to stay. I've had my share of bad people come into my life. Certainly my share (plus a little extra) of hurt but I've also been extremely blessed by the special people who have stepped into my life and are still here...struggling, laughing, crying, supporting me and being stupid with me and understanding when I have those blonde moments. When things get hard in your life you can tell who your true friends are. I've been a witness to this recently. So if someone doesn't like you or doesn't stay in your life, chalk it up to a lesson learned and view it as their loss. Everyone is special and deserving of true love and friendship. Anything or anyone outside of that is a waste of time and worry. So, to my friends who have been with me 13 years (Ashley) through some of the most trying and difficult times in my life along with some of the most wonderful times and to those who have been there with a phone call, email or just getting me out of the house recently, I thank you and love you!

No comments: