Monday, July 7, 2008

July 7, 2008 ~What Was That??~

In keeping with the theme of this page "adventures of a single mother" let me tell you of our latest adventure. Thursday night Camryn and I decided that we were going to rent movies and eat pizza, (goodbye weight watchers) since we didn't have to get up early Friday morning. We rented 3 movies and wiped out an entire medium pizza...half each!! We piled up on the couch and started our third movie, The Bucket List. During this movie we heard a loud 'thud' in the attic. It scared us both, but me, being the sole protector in our house, had to hold it together and act as if I was cool with it. We both chilled back out and settled back down when all of the sudden we heard an even louder "THUD-thud-thud" ring out from above us. Naturally, my first thought was 'OH MY GOSH, there's a homeless person in my attack'!!! Camryn jumped up and said "what was that??" Again, me being the cool, calm and collected one, said "I don't know but I think something is in the attack". Camryn, obviously being the one freaking out, said "maybe it was Chewy". After checking every where (and calling my Mommy) I decided that maybe it was a squirrel or something..at least that's what I was telling myself. We finished the movie, got ready for bed, locked the bedroom door (ya know, to keep the homeless person out) and went to sleep. Around 5am I was awakened by the sound of yet another 'thud'. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON! In her sleep Camryn heard it and hit me and said "MOMMA"...as if I had done it. After that I heard another loud 'bang' and scraping sounds. You know the Ray Stevens video where the dead man sits up in his grave? Yeah, that's what I looked like in my bed, because now the homeless person is out of the attic and outside my bedroom door. Really good thing I locked it. Then, much to my dismay, my CLOSET DOOR STARTS TO OPEN!! Dear lord, he's in MY closet. I then jumped up to... do whatever I was gonna do to this homeless person... and discovered that my top shelf in my closet, the one that holds my big suitcase, had somehow broken away from the wall and my suitcase had been falling. After much thought, I figured that was what had been happening all along and what I had been hearing all night. WHEW!!!! ~ What a night!

3 comments:

AliciaG said...

LOL...I can just see all of this happening with you trying to be the "brave" one. That is hilarious and your thought patterns just crack me up! Thanks for the chuckle!
Love ya!

Billie said...

THAT should be a TV show...

AliciaG said...

I agree, Billie...it would make a good one!