Monday, July 7, 2008

July 7, 2008 ~ Already?? ~

Saturday night Camryn and I were tired, so she didn't get a bath that night. I told her she could get up and take a shower with me in the morning. When we do this, I bathe her and she gets out then I take my shower and she sits in the bathroom and waits on me. Sunday morning was no different. I got her all cleaned up and out of the shower. While I was taking my shower Camryn pipes up, "Momma, my boobs are getting bigger". Really, she's 6 years old, flatter than a pancake. However, I had watched a video on parenting and how to "talk so your kids with listen and listen so your kids will talk". In the video the instructor said as a parent, we need to respond not react. He said that kids will come up and say some of the stupidest things, however, in order to keep the lines of communication open, we need to respond instead of react and cut them off. So, my response was "oh yeah?? What makes you say that?" To which my daughter said "because they are more fluffy". I poked my head out from around the shower curtain and said "more fluffy?" She said "yeah, look" as she was pulling on the skin of where her boobs would be if she had any. I said "oh yeah, I see". HAHAHAH!!! It cracked me up!

2 comments:

AliciaG said...

LOL...that child...what will she come up with next?! You did good with responding and not reacting! I am proud of you! Hopefully, she will continue to share things with you. At least you now know what to watch for...fluffy boobs! Ü

Alison said...

Oh my goodness! That is HILARIOUS!!!