Tuesday, April 8, 2008

April 8, 2008 ~ Tooth Fairy is a hard job ~

Last night Camryn worked and worked until she finally pulled her bottom tooth that has been loose forever. She was so excited. When she get’s excited she’s all about helping around the house. When it was bath time she got right in there and bathed and then got out and got her pj’s on without me having to tell her 50 times. When it was bed time she jumped in without a fight and slept in her bed all night. So, I go to wake her up this morning and all it took was me turning on the light and she sat up, pulled that pillow back and ….pulled out the tooth. Yes, that’s right, the tooth. Apparently the tooth fairy was…uhhh…busy aka forgot! The look on her face will be sketched in my memory forever. It was a look of utter disappointment. As the tears spilled out on her cheeks I felt about as small as an ant. What’s a mom to do?
While Camryn was eating breakfast, I snuck $2 and went in her room to “look around” for the money. And what do you know??? There it was, on the floor beside the bed. In the most excited voice I could utter at 7:00am I called her in to her room…”Camryn, here it is..you must have slept rough and knocked it off in the floor…and I bet he left the tooth because he knows I like to keep them”. Sounded like a logical explanation to me. Well, not to my wonderful 6 year old. She looked at it and said, “I don’t think so…I think that was already there”. GEEEEZZZZZZ! After a few minutes of trying to coax her into thinking this is what happened, I realized that maybe she was smarter than the average bear. I finally just said “well, if you think that was there then I guess it was…I bet he was just real busy last night…I bet a lot of kids lost their first tooth last night, and since you had lost so many already, he knew you would understand if he couldn’t get to you”. Ya know, couldn’t have just left it at “he was busy”, I had to go into the whole shebang of it all. So, that is what we left it as….SHEESH!!!!! Let’s just hope the tooth fairy has a better memory tonight!

3 comments:

Billie said...

...yeah....before you are out a butt-load of money! I mean...she's going to catch on soon and keep saying..."No mom, I put that $20 under my blanket last night and it slid up under my pillow in my sleep. I WONDER where that silly tooth fairy is!"

They catch on quick, they do...

Alison said...

Tonight the "tooth fairy" will have to leave a different amount than $2! She thought that money was already there...I bet she did!! ;-)

Alison said...

Also, the tooth fairy was probably enjoying an uninterrupted night of sleep by herself in her new bed...the reason she forgot!