Monday, April 7, 2008

4am Saturday morning came WAY too soon. I doubt going to bed at midnight had anything to do with it! However, that’s when my day began. Alison and I hit the ground running. Up at 4am, showered, and began hauling everything outside for the yard sale. I knew we had tons of stuff and I knew I had saved tons of stuffed animals and clothes, but I don’t think I realized just how much until it was all over my driveway and carport (pictures to come). Camryn woke up around 5:30ish super excited to help. I believe we got our first customer, Erma, my neighbor, around 6:30am. I am NOT a morning person, however, Erma was. She talked our head off, God love her!!! Anyway, she started us off good and we went pretty strong until around 2:00pm with a few stragglers after that. We ended up having a good day and getting rid of a lot of stuff. We still ended up taking 2 car loads to goodwill and two big totes of clothes will go to my sister’s church for their clothes closet! It was apparent to us that we have certainly been blessed through out our lives. God has given us way more than we deserve and we are extremely thankful for what we have!
I went straight from the sale out to Carlisle to my friend’s cookout. We ate and sat around chit chatting until about midnight when I just couldn’t keep my eyes open any longer. On top of little sleep, I’m getting sick with a very sore throat. I headed home and slept in on Sunday until 12:40pm. AHHHHHHH!!!!
When I did finally get up, I went to buy groceries and other items we needed. I came home and began to clean. I cleaned out my refrigerator and was putting stuff down the garbage disposal when it started to sound funny. I looked under the sink to find the red button and much to my dismay the dang thing had disconnected from the sink. SO, I plugged up that side of the sink so that water wouldn’t run everywhere. Then I decided to do a load of dishes. Well, guess what?!?!? The dish washer hose is hooked up to nothing other than…..the garbage disposal bucket, thingy! How did I discover this you may ask??? When I stepped on the rug in front of the sing and it squished. It was soaked as well as the floor around it. UGH!!!! So, I took everything out from under the sink, dried it all up, dried up the floor, and threw the rug in the washing machine! Thank goodness for home warranty’s!

1 comment:

Billie said...

Oh, the joys of owning a home. You will start questioning the cost of every little sound you hear, LOL!