Monday, April 21, 2008

April 21, 2008 ~Our Weekend~

After a rocky start to the weekend, Camryn and I ended up having a great one. The rocky start was due to my grandmother being put in the hospital with pneumonia. I can’t remember her being sick ever in my whole life, much less being put in the hospital and talking crazy. She is always so together and on top of it! It was hard and Friday night I broke down. Guess who happen to call at that time??? The SAH…UGH…yes, the ole ex husband. Kyle had called first and asked about Mimmie and got me going…then Dwight called. I thought he would call for Camryn so I answered to give the phone to her, but instead he asked how Mimmie was and as hard as I tried, I couldn’t hold it in. I broke down on the phone with HIM…of all people! Oh well.
Saturday Camryn and I went to Alltel Arena to watch High School Musical on Ice. I apparently wasn’t thinking about the fact that it is ON ICE and we walk in with flip flops and short sleeved shirts. I’m not the brightest bulb sometimes! However, I do have a cute story about Camryn..imagine that!
She was feeling sassy in her new HSM shirt (yes, I’m one of those mothers who dresses her child in the gear of the show we are going to see..*sigh*!). She wanted to take her silver purse in with her. I told her to make sure she didn’t have much in there, because they will check her purse when we walk in. She told me that all she had was lip gloss and some play stuff. I told her that would be fine. Then she said “…because they won’t take Bibles”. For those of you who know her, this was in her grown-up-know-it-all voice! I told her that no, they wouldn’t take her Bible, that they were just looking for weapons. Then my baby said something that took me by surprise. She said, “They won’t take my Bible because it’s just a weapon for the devil”. OMG!!!! I wouldn’t have even thought of that. She went on to explain that all you do is “beat it on the ground” and it shakes the devil up. She told me how she hates the devil and when she’s outside she likes to stomp on the ground..lol…but then she again told me “…but they won’t take my Bible, Momma, because it’s only a weapon for the devil…so we can stand against the wiles of the devil…like that verse…Put on the whole armor of God so you can stand against the wiles of the devil”. She’s 6 years old, y’all!!! I was amazed!! She said “I always have my Bible so I can fight the devil…he’s tricky…he has lots of tricks…that’s why I have my Bible”. WOW..that’s all I can say!
After that her Aunt Alison came over and helped her with her project that was due today. I’ll have to get some pictures up because they did an awesome job. She had to make a…uh…diorama???? As I told Camryn, like diarrhea..but not. J
Sunday we had to go buy her some new shoes because she has outgrown all of hers! All in all it was a great weekend with beautiful weather!!!

4 comments:

Billie said...

I'm telling you...we learn more from them than we EVER thought possible!

Alison said...

I believe she has being listening in chapel this year (Armor of God)! I'm more surprised that she didn't tell the securtiy people that the Bible was a weapon "but just for the devil"! ;-)

Andrea said...

She decided to leave her purse in the car. I think she was worried they would take it..in her mind, it's a weapon!! SOOO cute!..lol!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I sure hope your grandmother is feeling better now--we love y'all! I'll look forward to keeping up with y'all, too, now!