Monday, September 21, 2009

Sept. 21, 2009 ~ Girls weekend away ~

This weekend I went to Hot Springs with my best friend Barbara. She's around my mom's age, but we are like peas and carrots. Anyway, when I got there we went to the Buckstaff for a bath and massage to relax. It was very nice, although a little uncomfortable since you're naked in front of strangers. They literally give you a bath...wash your back, arms and legs. I'm not gonna lie, I was thinking "well, at least I have good boobs". I'm just sayin....
So, after we did that we went back to the hotel to take a nap. When we got up we had some time to kill before we wanted to go to dinner so we were just hanging out in the room. We were a little hungry and Barb had horded apples and peanut butter from the hotel breakfast that morning. Apparently she was afraid we would run out of food at some point, which would obviously be devastating. :) We decided to eat our apples, but didn't have a knife, so I said I would go down to the desk and get some. As I was down there I realized I didn't know what room number we were in. When I stepped on the elevator I realized I didn't even know what floor. I had a little moment of panic, but thought I remembered we were on the 2nd floor. For some unknown reason I thought I would be able to figure out what room we were in by remembering how far down the hall we walked! I got to the door and was pretty confident I had the right room 223. When I knocked Barb didn't answer. So I stuck my head up to the door and could hear someone. That's when I realized I must have the wrong room. At this point I just stood in the hall not knowing what to do. Then I remembered I knew Barb's phone number, which is a miracle in itself cause I don't know any phone numbers I just find them in my contacts. Anyway, I went back down to the front desk and humility had to take over. The lady at the desk came over and I said "Do you happen to have a phone I can borrow? I can't remember what room I'm in". As she laughed she asked what the name was and told me I was in room 221. When I got to the room I was cracking up laughing. *sigh* The things I get myself into.

3 comments:

AliciaG said...

Oh Lordy, that is my girl! I bet Barb got a hoot out of that! OK...now what is the lesson you learned from this? Always take the room key with you so you will know the room number should you have one of those ah...blonde moments. LOL

Alison said...

Oh my goodness! That is hilarious! I know you all will add this to your list of things to laugh about.

Billie said...

Oh, I love it!!!! I knew y'all would have a great time...and glad y'all lived to tell about it!