Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November 25, 2008 ~ Please Sit Down ~

I know this is gonna come as a huge shock to most of you...and by 'most of you' I mean all 3 of you who read my page! ;) I'm going hunting this weekend. I will be takin' to the woods with the guy I'm dating, Charles, and his parents. This should be interesting for several reasons, to say the least. I've never been hunting and I'm not huge on watching Bambi or Thumper or Tom the Turkey..or whoever, get shot. It's gonna hurt my heart, I just know it. I know as that shot get's fired, I'll picture Bambi sliding around on the ice or saying "B-B-Bir-BirD-BirD". It's gonna be traumatic. Secondly, I'm terrified of heights so climbing a ladder that is propped up against a tree, 15 feet in the air is gonna be tricky. I'm telling you, I shake and hang on for dear life just climbing up into my parents attic. My hands are sweating just thinking about it. Third, I'm NOT a fan of camo. I swore I would never wear camo and neither would I dress my children in camo. Well, the saying "never say never" is very appropriate as seen in the picture below.


As I was discussing this trip with Charles I said I would go under a few conditions. 1. I have electricity 2. I have water 3. I have a shower. I explained that he can't expect me to jump right into roughing it. This poor guy has borrowed a camper, generator and propane, bought a 2 person deer stand and borrowed a truck JUST to take me hunting. He's amazing. Anyway. Luckily his parents had some camo for me to borrow so I wouldn't be out the money for it if I never went again. I, however, had to buy stuff to wear under it and just around camp. So, I went to Target and got the cutest hot pink fleece pants and a pair of black and gray polka-dot pants. I also got some blue striped pants with he cutest bow to tie them up with...all with matching tops. For some reason when I showed these to Charles all he did was laugh and say "what is this?" and "it has a bow". Hmm?? Oh well! He took my clothes so he could wash them in his unscented laundry detergent because he told me I could not smell like flowers. He told me I could not wear perfume or scented lotion. At first, he told me no makeup. Yeah, that didn't fly with me AT ALL! So we compromised and I told him I wouldn't bring my flat iron and no hairspray if I could please wear make up. That's what relationships are all about..compromise...right? Next we discussed the schedule. We are leaving camp at 5:30am....that's in the morning...before the sun comes up! I told him that was fine, he just needed to wake me up 1 hour early so I could shower and get ready. Apparently, I'll be taking a shower at night so we don't have to run the generator at 4:30am and wake everyone up. *sigh* I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've been told "This isn't a fashion show, Babe". So, maybe say a lil prayer for me this weekend as this is a journey I've NEVER taken before...maybe pray for Charles as well. :) I'll let you know how this goes!

4 comments:

Billie said...

#1...I'm about to pee my pants

#2...You are STYLIN' in bib overalls!

#3...Can't WAIT for the recap

#4...Did the world just come to an end and i didn't notice?

#5...Ahh...the things we do to "woo" someone...

Alison said...

Oh...I am cracking up! It is so you to want to be cute UNDER the camoflauge overalls!

I'm with Billie on all 5 points above! Can't wait to hear all about it...I think I want to hear your side and then Charles' side!

Love you and have fun...also tell Charles I'm saying a prayer for him as well.

AliciaG said...

LOL...I am just grinning from ear to ear thinking if this relationship makes it through this weekend hunting adventure, it may have a real possibility of being a lasting one.
#1. I am impressed that Charles would go to all that trouble to have comfortable accommodations for Andrea.
#2. I am impressed with my fashion conscientious daughter for moving out of "her" comfort zone to accommodate Charles' love for hunting.
#3. I am tickled that they are both excited about this trip.
I am praying for all involved...that a good time will be had and great memories will be made.
I am with Billie and Alison...I can't wait to hear all about it from both of them!

Tim and Randi Weigle said...

I'm lovin' the picture, Andrea!! I'm so with you on not dressing in Camo and not dressing kids in Camo! I'll give you a pass since it was actually for hunting and not for a trip to Walmart!!