Monday, June 2, 2008

June 2, 2008 ~My Blessings~






We had a great weekend! Friday night was the awards banquet for dance. All of the dance teachers along with Ms. Karen came together and chose about 15 kids from the studio to give then “Entertainer” Award to. Ms. Karen said that they chose these kids because in a nut shell, they love to watch them on stage. Ms. Karen passed out these awards and would say a little something about each child. When she began by saying “This little girl loves to entertain and we all saw that at the wedding…”(video below) I knew it was coming. So, Camryn was excited to get this award. She also got a trophy for being in dance for 4 years. How time has flown by!





Camryn was with her grandparents for their visitation this weekend. Saturday, I purchased a pool. Myself, along with my sister and mom and my mom’s friends set it up. Later that evening we grilled and had cake for my mom’s birthday! It was a fun time.
Sunday I picked Camryn up and we came home. I told her to come look at what happened to the deck. It fell on one side, but I really just wanted an excuse for her to see the pool. When she saw it she stopped, gasped and just stared out the door. She told me Thank You over and over and I was also awarded the “Best Mom in the World” award several times over. I was having to clean out the leaves and sticks from a storm we had, so Camryn couldn’t get in right away. A few minutes later Camryn said something that makes me tear up just thinking about it. She was standing on her slide just watching me and then she put her hand over her face and said “I think I’m going to cry” I said, “why you gonna cry?” She replied with “because you are the best Mom in the world and everyone should have you”. *sniff, sniff, sniff* I KNOW!!!!! I can’t even express how much that meant to me.
She was finally able to get in the pool and she had a blast. I decided to just sit and watch her, because it was a little chilly for my liking. As I sat on my deck (broke down and all) I couldn’t help but be overcome by thankfulness for all the blessings God has given me. I mean really, I think by to where I was 4 years ago. Beaten down with no self confidence, living with my parents in the middle of a nasty divorce from a man who abused me in every aspect of the word for 4 years, a single mom not knowing how in the world I was ever going to make it. To this night, sitting on my deck in my backyard of the house I was somehow able to buy watching my beautiful 6 year old daughter playing in the pool I was somehow able to purchase. After a weekend with my family who I love and who love me even though they know me, and who have been there for me through thick and thin. I couldn’t help but be incredibly thankful for where I was 4 years ago and for the trials that I have gone through and where God has brought me today. The blessings He has provided for me for no reason, other than He loves me because I certainly don’t deserve them. I was stripped and all I could do was sit there and say Thank You over and over to the God of the universe who is also MY God.

4 comments:

Billie said...

You have come such a very long way and we are all so proud of you and Cam!

AliciaG said...

Daddy and I were just commenting the other night about how proud we were of you and Alison. We are so amazed at what you have been able to accomplish after all the hell you went through. Both of you are amazingly strong women and we are so thankful for the way you have stayed committed to God even through the tough times. I am just so grateful for both of you!

Alison said...

Ok...I've got tears and mascara on my face now...but only because we can sing "How Great, How Great Is Our GOD!"

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Your whole family is just a wonderful bunch of people to know, and we sure love y'all and are very proud to be kin to you all!