Monday, June 16, 2008

June 16, 2008 ~A Mother's Love Has No Limits~

I set out Saturday to have a relaxing time in my new swimming pool. I slept late and got up and went outside to catch some sun. I decided my face needed some sun so I didn’t put on any make up or sun screen. Two hours later I thought I should probably go in because my face was starting to hurt. ~This no sun screen thing was not a smart idea.~ I now think I may have had some sun poisoning. My friend Misty recently had a bout with sun poisoning after getting a bad burn as well. Saturday night I started to not feel well, but just put it off. I had splurged that day on some popeyes and thought that maybe I was just not used to eating that type food. Sunday I woke up and tried to get ready to go to church and spend some time with my Daddy since it was Father’s Day. Soon as I sat up, it hit me. UGH~ I spent the rest of the day laying in bed and laying on the toilet. I managed to send a text to my mom telling her I had been throwing up and I may need her to keep Camryn. I’m thinking if I have a bug, I certainly don’t want her to get it. The only thing worse than throwing up is having my baby throw up. I hate to see her sick and not be able to do anything about it. I came to realize that this doesn’t change as you get older. Here I am, almost 27 years old, I have a child of my own, a house of my own, and I’ve been living on my own for 4+ years now, and what does my Momma do? She comes over to take care of me. A Mother’s love truly has no limits. She went and got me some gatoraid and medicine. As soon as that medicine hit my stomach it came back up. I will never understand why they make such nasty medicine for people who have a sick stomach. Anyway, after that she called a friend who had some phenegrin (however you spell it) and went and got me some of that. That stuff is wonderful. I just slept and slept. Funny how no matter how old you are, when you’re sick, you want your Momma! I’m incredibly blessed to have a Momma who cares and is still willing to come take care of her sick baby. Thank you, Momma!! I love you!!

3 comments:

Billie said...

Sounds like her to me! Sorry you were so sick.

AliciaG said...

You are quite welcome. I just couldn't stand the thought of you being there sick all by yourself. You are right...a mother's love has no limits. And I didn't mind one bit. I would do it all again, just because I love you and just as you don't like to see Camryn (your baby) hurt. I don't like to see you (my baby) hurt! Yea, you are about to turn 27 but you are still and will always be my baby.
Hugs!
PS. Glad you are feeling a little better! Ü

Alison said...

Bless your heart! I hated to hear that you were sick. I hope you are much better today. Love you!