Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August 25, 2009 ~ Did That Really Just Happen? ~

Mornings in my house are full of "hurry up's", "Get Dressed", "Brush your teeth", "If you don't hurry you 're going to go to school naked". They overflow with last minute running around grabbing things we've forgotten, turning lights off and throwing some food in the dog bowl and putting on belts as we walk out the door. Today was no different. It doesn't seem to matter how early we wake up, we are always rushed. I've said many times "I'm lucky to get out of the house dressed". I'm sure we Mom's have all said that at one time or another...but did we mean it literally?
This morning I get to work, walk across the parking lot and come in the door with another girl as we chit chatted. Walk past 4 co-workers saying hi (or grunting as it usually comes out) to get to my desk. I put my purse in it's spot and sit down to turn on my computer. As I did this, I felt my arm on my side. I looked down and I DID NOT ZIP UP MY SHIRT!!!! I have on a shirt that zips down the side from under the arm pit to just a couple inches above the bottom, thus leaving my entire side, bra and all, open to the public. Humiliation! I said "OH MY GOSH" and jumped up to show a couple co workers what I had done. I mean, if everyone else saw it, why not include them?!?!? I couldn't believe no one said anything to me! *sigh* Maybe they didn't notice. So, when I said "I'm lucky to get out of the house dressed" in the mornings....I MEAN IT!

5 comments:

Billie said...

Girrrlll...yes, we ALL have! My mornings for work are wonderful. I get up at the exact same time every single day...do the exact same thing at the exact same time every single day...wake Hubs at the exact same time every single day...get in my car and arrive at planned destination around the exact same time (garbage truck this morning).

But then...oh then there are Sunday mornings when Hubs it at church practicing and I am gathering TWO children to get ready and let's get to church.

And don't worry...they were probably just all thinking it was the new look. Slashed side.

Andrea said...

I have NO idea how you can do it with 2 kids!!!!

AliciaG said...

LOL...this is so funny! I was going to say some 'wise motherly" things like set your clock and GET UP 30 minutes earlier (instead of hitting the snooze button), or get everything ready the night before, but I have tried that before...and all my wise motherly advice falls on deaf ears. lol But I know there have been two mornings when Camryn came walking in after all the halls were empty, kids were in the class and the tardy bell had rung. So, it might be a good idea to try to leave at least 5 or 6 minutes earlier.

Andrea said...

I don't know if its just cause it's the first week of public school or not, but we have been leaving 5 minutes earlier...even more than that...and we get caught at the light at Kiehl and 107 in a HUGE line of traffic. We leave at 7:45 giving us 10 minutes to make a 5 minute trip...drives me nuts.

Alison said...

WOW!! I believe I remember hearing those words before or maybe even saying them when me, you and Ashley rode together to school! LOL! Too funny!