Monday, May 4, 2009

May 4, 2009 ~ Why Did They Have to Shoot Him??? ~

Although it's difficult for some, me in particular, to say positive things about myself in fear that I will come across as stuck on myself, I will admit that one of my good qualities that God blessed me with is a tender heart. When I was young I can remember watching Old Yeller with my sister and then running to my mom's room in tears asking her why they had to shoot him. She had no idea what I was talking about but I finally got my point across. It hurt me so much that they had to kill Old Yeller.
Fast forward a few years and when Camryn was little (OMG did I just say "when Camryn was little"???) she was watching Milo and Ottis and at the point where they get separated she put her head down and started crying. And when I say little, I'm talking like 3 years old. Suffice it to say, she was also blessed with a tender heart. Last night we rented Hotel For Dogs (good movie, by the way) and there is a part where the brother and sister, who are foster children, have to be separated. Camryn laid her head down on my shoulder and began to cry. I asked her what was wrong and she said "It's so sad". Poor baby! Give her a few years and she'll be crying at At&t commercials too.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Oh I remember that...wailing is more like it! Of course, that was before I cried at everything like I do now.

AliciaG said...

Oh yes, she is definitely like you in that respect. I am so glad she got that trait from you and not the hard heartedness of her dad. She is one special little girl!