Thursday, January 8, 2009

January 8, 2009 ~ Happy Birthday To CAMRYN ~




Well, it happened...she turned 7 years old today. It's hard for me to even wrap my mind around that. Like every year since she has been born, I set my alarm clock for 5:11am. I placed my hand on my sleeping baby...uhhh...big girl and praised God for her and lifted her up to him as the clock ticked over to 5:13am, the minute she entered this world. She informed Charles, when he called her this morning, that she didn't feel old but that her PJ's fit a lil tighter! :)

Camryn,
Where do I even begin? Seven years ago today, at 5:13am, my life changed in ways I can’t even explain, as I went from dreaming of a chubby cheek outline on a page, to laying eyes on your beautiful tiny face. God had you planned all along to rescue me, teach me, love me and complete me. He had you in mind years before I ever even dreamed of having a baby. In 6th grade I went to a Sissy Log Cabin with my class to learn about gems and stones and each of us got a gem from them as a gift. The one I got was a garnet which just so happens to be the birthstone of the month you were born. God knew what He was doing. You are such a sweet, tender hearted, loving, compassionate, determined girl. You can be extremely stubborn…I have no idea where you got that from! Your love for your family and friends astounds me. Your determination and perfectionism challenges me. Your faith in God inspires me. You are so grown up yet so young. I can’t imagine life without you. You are my angel and I am so thankful to God every single second of my life for you.
I know we butt heads and you get so mad at me when I’m not what you think I should be. We fight over socks mostly. You argue and pout and whine and make me so mad sometimes…but when you crawl in bed with me and I feel your little hand touch mine to go to sleep (yes, you still sleep with me) it melts my heart.
You are an amazing dancer and have such a love for dance. You work and work until you get it. I fight back tears every time I see you on stage because you are such a beautiful dancer. You make me so proud in everything you do. Your love for God and church pushes me. You are so distraught at the fact that there are people in the world today who do not love God. Your dramatic ways always make me laugh.
Some of my favorite times are when we argue about who’s favorite and how much we love each other. Or when we hear “our song” on the radio, Crush by David Archuletta, and we sing. When we watch Santa Clause 2 and “our part” comes on “uh whaaa ahhh awwww”. I will cherish the times we curl up on the couch and watch a movie together forever. The moments we sit and talk about someone in your class doing something will stick in my head. Our recent trip to El Dorado where we sang Rudolph the Red Nosed Raindeer over and over again and when we grabbed whatever we could find to use as a microphone and sang at the top of our lungs will stay in my heart forever. You are a precious gift from God given directly to me. I love you more than life itself. I pray that we will continue to have a special bond and that you will always listen to God and follow His lead. I pray that God blesses you and protects you.
This song is usually for a couple but it is so perfect for how I feel about you and the moment you came into my life:
(I do swear that I'll always be there. I'd give anything and everything and I will always care. Through weakness and strength, happiness andsorrow, for better or worse, I will love you with every beat of my heart.) From this moment life has begunFrom this moment you are the oneRight beside you is where I belongFrom this moment on From this moment I have been blessedI live only for your happinessAnd for your love I'd give my last breathFrom this moment on I give my hand to you with all my heartCan't wait to live my life with you, can't wait to startYou and I will never be apartMy dreams came true because of you From this moment as long as I liveI will love you, I promise you thisThere is nothing I wouldn't give From this moment on You're the reason I believe in loveAnd you're the answer to my prayers from up aboveAll we need is just the two of usMy dreams came true because of you From this moment as long as I liveI will love you, I promise you thisThere is nothing I wouldn't giveFrom this momentI will love you as long as I liveFrom this moment on

Happy Birthday baby!!!!
I love you all the even numbers plus some!!!
Momma

4 comments:

AliciaG said...

Awwww...I am sitting here in tears. What an awesome letter to your little seven year old young lady. You are so right about her and all she is. What a treasure from God she is!

Billie said...

What a precious blessing that this little girl is and has been and will continue to be. She was exactly the little Girl thet God knew you would need to make you "stronger". And you are exactly the Mom that God knew she would need. I know motherhood isn't easy and I hold you in such high regard for doing it with all you have been thru. And here's the thing...you are making Cam "stronger". She is blessed because of you just as much as you are blessed because of her. I love you like my own sister (at least one parent gave me one!) and I love that little stinker too! Can't belive she is 7. Looking forward to all God has in store for her...and you in the years to come.

Alison said...

I was thinking about Camryn on the way to work this morning! It was about 6:00 this morning and I said to my carpoolers...this time 7 years ago I was pretty tired cause we had been up all night...waiting on "Camryn-Mamryn"!

I still say there is nothing wrong with her being like me!

I love you Cam! Happy Birthday!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Precious, precious words that made me cry this early in the morning!