Monday, January 12, 2009

January 12, 2009 ~ It's my party and I'll cry if I want to ~

Saturday we had Camryn’s 7th birthday party at the skating rink in Sherwood. After about 10 minutes into the party I announced that I would never have another skating birthday party. I tried to get a private party, but they didn’t do it at this skating rink so I settled for what they told me was “semi-private” party room. I was told it was in the back and no one else would be in there, just our party. When we got there they pointed me to the table right in the front where everyone goes for snacks. I guess I was already in a little bit of a feisty mood just because of walking in and smelling rotten feet… because I detected a lil attitude in my voice when I asked “Is this considered “semi-private” because I was told that’s what I was getting”. The young girl told me yes and I then asked about a room in the back where I was told we would be. She showed me the room and asked if that’s what I wanted. UHHH YEAH..that’s what I PAID for! Anyway, we get back there and the lights were flashing making everyone dizzy. Charles and Judy went to ask that someone stop the lights from blinking. After what seemed like 83 hours of blinking lights I said “I’ll handle it” and marched my happy self to the front. They finally stopped the lights. Everyone got’s there…all 20+ kids and parents…and began to skate. A little later one of my girlfriends asked if Cam was ok because her friends kept trying to talk to her and she wouldn’t talk. So I grab my daughter’s arm and we go have a “come to Jesus meeting” in the bathroom where she told me she didn’t want to go to her Mamaw’s house when they left. I told her we would talk about it later but she needed to enjoy her party or I would tell everyone to take the gifts back and “don’t think I wont”. We go back and decide its cake time. At which point my daughter had a melt down. She bit her tongue and began to cry and continued to cry and grab her head and say she had a headache. Flashes of “It’s My Party and I’ll Cry if I Want To” rang in my head. I once again, grabbed her arm and took her out. She was holding her head and crying about a headache saying the music was too loud and she was hot. So, we went outside for a few minutes to cool off and then it was present time. Mind you, we are half way through the party and I have YET to receive the pitcher of soda that was included in the price and not one single time has anyone come to check on us. So, knowing Camryn was on the verge of yet another break down, I told my mom to do her principal thing and make sure the kids don’t crowd around Cam while she’s opening gifts. They did pretty good. We made it through gift time and more skate time and it was time to go home. Praise the Lord. We survived…with no pitcher of soda, no one checking on us and a bill to pay. Trust me, I thought about just walking out but knew they had my credit card info from the deposit I had to put down. WHEW…I say again..no more skating parties. *pictures to come*

4 comments:

AliciaG said...

Yeah, this party was one for the memory books. All in all, it went very well, thanks to the help of Charles and some of the mothers. But I am with you...NO MORE SKATING PARTIES!!!

Alison said...

And the funny part is...it was her choice for the skating party! Oh the drama of girls!

I hope you told them you did not get the one pitcher of drink!

Andrea said...

I was too tired to argue with them. However, when we were asked how everything went, I feel sure Charles' answer of "it went...fine" got some of the point across. I plan to write a letter.

Billie said...

Hey...EVERYTHING is the stuff memories are made of. And even a sad little girl at her party counts.

Um...I'll just help you with next year. Yeah.