Wednesday, October 22, 2008

October 22, 2008 ~ I can't make this stuff up...~

Last night was a good night. We got home from dance and I started cooking..lemon pepper chicken, butterbeans, greenbeans and fried potatoes. Outside of my oil being old it was good. I was getting the kitchen clean, while some laundry was going and Camryn was doing her homework. It was one of those nights where things just flowed with our routine until...ANOTHER HUGE SPIDER!!! I really wish I was kidding. I rounded the corner out of the kitchen going down the hall and there it was on the back wall, the same place as the other one, looking straight up EVIL. This one wasn't as big as the other one, but it was close...probably 2.5 to 3 inches. So, I go grab some roach/ant/spider spray this time (so as not to bleach the carpet again) grab a chair (because I'll be danged if I'm gonna stand on the floor and have it run across my foot) and Camryn gave me a flip flop. Yeah right! I told her she was gonna have to give me a bigger shoe than that. Once I was armed to deal with this issues, yet again, I took off down the hall, got in my chair and began to spray. It ran and for some reason, this time I was paralyzed with fear. I could not bring myself to get my hand close enough to kill it with a child's size 13 shoe. It ran into the back bedroom and I, once again being cool calm and collected, went to the kitchen, climbed up on the kitchen table and called my mom. :) I told her that I would need her or my fathers assistance because I had another big spider and it ran and I couldn't find it so I would need them to come find it and kill it. My courage only goes so far. So, Camryn and I sat on the kitchen table until my mom got there. During this quiet time together, I decided that 2 big spiders in one week was too much and that my house was probably infested and that I would NEVER get to sleep, so we packed up and went to stay with my parents. My mom set off a fogger before we left, so hopefully the spiders will be gone. We shall see. Anyway, one lesson in being a single mom....live close to your parents!!

4 comments:

AliciaG said...

Live close to your parents and get some high powered super-duper spider killing spray! So much for being brave and facing her fears...I think she still has a little work to do on that. LOL
Love ya!

Alison said...

LOL!!! Oh my goodness! Why I thought you had faced that fear and moved forward! That is hilarious that you all stayed at Momma's.

Love ya!

Billie said...

Andrea...for true?

The Timberframer's Wife said...

I got so tickled reading that! You would have had a breakdown if you'd ever come to our old house. I came to consider the spiders my friends toward the end of our time there.