Thursday, October 1, 2009

October 1, 2009 ~ Santa's Broke ~

Forever my heart has belonged to big dogs. I love my Chewy girl and she sounds mean so I feel good about her being in my backyard. Lately, though, I've had a desire for a cute little Yorkie. I mentioned to Camryn that one day we may get one, but they are expensive so not any time soon. MISTAKE! Ever sense then she has talked about wanting a yorkie. I mean, I want one too...I sort of already have a name picked out...Gabriella and we will call her Ella. I can just see her with a cute little bow in her hair (which will be kept short) and a cute pink sparkly collar and how cute she will be to take everywhere with us....I'm just sayin....it could be fun... but at the same time, more responsibility...just what I need *sigh*. I sorta talked myself out of it due to the added expense and responsibility and seeing as how I'm not getting child support and broker than a joke I don't really need any added expense.
This morning Camryn came to me and said "Momma, when it's my turn to be student of the week and if it's after Christmas, will you bring the Yorkie cause Mrs. Young said we can bring small pets". *Ahem* My response: "Ummm, what Yorkie?" She said "I'm getting one for Christmas" I said "How do you know you're getting one for Christmas?" She said "Ummmm I'm putting it on my list" (like DUH) I panicked a little bit and said "Cam, Santa doesn't always bring you everything on your list". To which she replied "He usually always does" *SIGH* This is what I get for getting things on her list and giving the list to grandparents and relatives to get the rest. I'm holding out hope that in these next 3 months, someone at school will let the cat outta the bag about dear, sweet, BROKE Santa!!!!

6 comments:

Iris said...

that's a good lesson for me - make sure not to get everything on kekoa's list or else one day he'll expect a puppy or something else expensive! he'll just have to learn at a young age that santa has a budget. heh heh

Alison said...

That is hilarious! She will understand someday about Santa, but that is part of the fun of Christmas. At least you have already told her you don't always get everything on the list (even if she doesn't believe that).

Billie said...

gosh, I love that girl!

AliciaG said...

WEll, between all of us who spend on her for Christmas and her birthday, maybe we could pool our money and then Santa could get her one. But with a note that since they are so expensive, that was all he could get her this year for Christmas. Just a thought! You would have to talk between now and then about the fact that the country is in recession...not much money coming in...so we are all cutting back on Christmas spending and there will only be one gift. Have her pick something she really, really wants and that will be what she gets.

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

they also can be hard to find too. you need to know the breeder b/c sometimes they can have health issues you don't know about etc. i have a great yorkie, but they can be alot of work and are hard to house train...still after 5 years. and girl yorkies are hard to find too...they go fast when they are in litters. those are jsut my random thoughts. this is jason zellmer's sister by the way. i like reading your blog...

Billie said...

Santa the sequel: this just in...little girl is shocked to find that Santa may only purchase ONE THING on her list this year. News at 11:00

Her face was PRICELESS!