Monday, September 22, 2008

September 22, 2008 ~ The Monster Mash ~

My whole life I thought I had no allergies. Until this weekend. Last weekend I was suffering with a bladder infection. I had our company doctor call in an antibiotic for me. I started it last Saturday and had some problems with it upsetting my stomach the whole time. This past Sunday when I woke up I noticed a rash on my neck and chest. As the day went on it spread until it was literally from head to toe. When I picked up Camryn at 6pm she saw it and said “Goodness, Momma, you can’t hug me anymore…you look like you’re turning into a monster”. Can you imagine??? My own child won’t hug me and thinks I’m a monster. *tear*. When we went to bed last night Camryn prayed for my rash to go away..aww..then I woke up and it was even worse and beginning to itch. I also felt as if my lips were swelling. Me being….well...me, thought I was dying. I got in to see my doctor, Dr. Ballard, who I love. He asked me what was going on and I told him that "my daughter thinks I am turning into a monster". I tell him the bactrim story and he checks me out and informs me that I am not turning into a monster, however, bactrim does not like me. He told me that it’s a sulfa drug so from now on when a doctor asks me if I’m allergic to any medication, I have to say “sulfa/bactrim”. I’m relieved to know I’m neither dying nor a monster…so for now, I’ll just look like a freak of nature and be scratching myself like a dog with flea’s until this goes away.

3 comments:

Billie said...

No photos?

Alison said...

Oh An! I remember you getting a rash before but this sounds worse. Glad to know you are not turning into a monster or going to kill over! ;-)

The Timberframer's Wife said...

So sorry about your rash--and proud of how you stood up for yourself in that email. Love y'all!